Today we have an interview with Naomi Sandoval who placed 3rd in the Open Level 2 Category in the latest Venus Index Contest.
Check out the pictures:
Moving from One Contest to Another
Naomi was always setting her goals in a way to improve for the contests, not just for herself. So, when she placed in all of them – transformation and open, she didn’t know how to set her goals again.
At that time we announced that we will have an open level 2 in 2012. However, she didn’t quite know what’s possible to accomplish in a year.
At the level she was – lean and well developed physique, you can’t really expect huge changes that are visible with regular clothes, at her level the changes are more subtle and really only visible in a bikini.
When you do a photoshoot, you will notice, but in clothes you will probably look the same.
It also requires patience.
Which is probably the number one reason why people have such a hard time staying in shape.
Re-composition is slow and you need to master the skill of being patient, otherwise you will end up like most of the women who start working out in January and then cancel their memberships in February.
It just takes time.
And the better conditioned you are the more time it will take and ironically the less overall changes you will experience.
At this stage (remember you already look good, just want to take it to another level), you won’t even get much feedback on even a monthly basis, because pretty much you are the only person who knows that something is changing.
Train Hard and Activate Your Muscles Correctly
Training hard, having intense and challenging workouts, lifting heavy, having good form, knowing how to activate and contract your muscles, that’s all going to play a role if you want to change and improve the shape of your body. And it’s even more important if you’re trying to take your body from good to great.
To quote Naomi:
“I just didn’t know how to fire my glutes, so I had no butt.”
Muscle activation is important, you can have the best workouts on earth, but if you don’t know how to use them, they won’t do very much for you.
And based on your form, you can make different exercises work for certain muscles or not. You have to experience the feeling to really “get it”.
Start Posting Blog Updates
- Blogging is the coolest thing ever in the community
- It’s not public, but rather it’s for people who understand what you’re doing so it’s a safe place to share
- The minute you need to get thoughts out of your head the write a blog, the exercise of doing this will help you get clear on what you want, that helps, might not make sense to you, but works
- Just try it for yourself and see if it helps
Tips from Naomi:
- Do conditioning to survive the photoshoot
- Get a professional photographer
- Figure out your goals well ahead of time
- At some point bodyweight will become irrelevant and your final look will be all that matters to you
- Its rare to achieve a six pack without drugs and still look feminine
- Working out can be a big help with depression and moodiness…it can do so much more than just change the look and shape of your body
Links from the interview:
- Putting it all Together: VI Open Winner Naomi Sandoval – Naomi’s previous interview
- Eat Stop Eat – Lifestyle based around intermittent fasting
- Anything goes Diet – Final answer to fat loss
- Venus Index workout – System that will turn you into a Venus
Read Naomi’s experience with Venus Index in her own words:
There are no words to express how grateful I am for the Venus, Adonis, ESE, AGD and related programs and material. To say this information has been life changing just doesn’t capture what has happened for me and my family. I feel a level of peace knowing we are empowered to stay lean and strong for the rest of our lives. My strategy this past year has been to focus on the following… Continue reading here
Listen to the interview here: